Good Wednesday, 29 August 2012. Thanks for joining us here @ IDECLAIR MEDIA, THE IDECLAIR SHOW…
As America is enamored by the RNC in Tampa, let us not forget about Americans in Louisiana prepping for Hurricane Isaac. On this historic day, 7 years ago hurricane Katrina hit NewOrleans, and America and left a pain of failure for all the world to see.
“HURRICANE KATRINA — MOST DESTRUCTIVE HURRICANE EVER TO STRIKE THE U.S.”
Yesterday President Obama spoke to Americans re: Tropical Storm/ Hurricane preparation for Isaac.
“President Obama Speaks on Preparing for Tropical Storm Isaac”
Published on Aug 28, 2012 by whitehouse
“President Obama discusses steps FEMA and other federal and local agencies are taking to keep Gulf Coast residents safe and minimize the damage from approaching Tropical Storm Isaac. August 28, 2012.”
“President Obama Discusses Preparations for Tropical Storm Isaac”
“After receiving the latest update about Tropical Storm Isaac from the Department of Homeland Security, FEMA, and the National Hurricane Center, President Obama spoke from the Diplomatic Room about the steps his administration is taking to prepare for the storm.
“Yesterday I approved a disaster declaration for the state of Louisiana so they can get the help that they need right away, particularly around some of the evacuations that are taking place,” he said. “And right now, we already have response teams and supplies ready to help communities in the expected path of the storm.”
Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate and other federal officials have spoken with Gulf state governors and other local leaders to discuss their needs in advance of the storm.
The President urged those who live in potentially affected areas to pay close attention to warnings and evacuation orders posted by local officials.
“We’re dealing with a big storm and there could be significant flooding and other damage across a large area,” he said. “Now is not the time to tempt fate. Now is not the time to dismiss official warnings. You need to take this seriously.”
If you need information about what to do before, during, and after a hurricane, please visit Ready.gov”
The Republican National Convention is of course underway in Tampa, FL. The big sell is on. Are you buying what Repubs are selling. Thank you TalkingPointsMemoTV.
“The Convention In 100 Seconds: RNC Day One”
Published on Aug 28, 2012 by tpmtv
“Day One of the Republican National Convention, August 28, 2012.”
Before you answer, read this:
“As Mitt Romney and the Republican Party try to renew and reinvent his image, you can expect them to roll out the same old dishonest attacks. Here are just five of the falsehoods to look out for when Romney and his allies take the stage this week:
- Small business: President Obama has consistently fought to help small businesses grow by cutting taxes and making it easier for them to invest and create jobs. As fact checkersand news organizations have noted, Romney took the President’s words out of context in an attempt to imply that the President was somehow insulting small business owners—rather than discussing the investments that help them grow. Take a look at what the President actually said and learn more about the stark contrast between President Obama’s support for small businesses and Mitt Romney’s plan that would make it harder for small businesses to hire and grow.
- Medicare: Under Obamacare, seniors will see their Medicare benefits package improve while the program sees eight additional years of solvency. But Romney, who wants to turn Medicare into a voucher system, is claiming that the President cut billions from benefits. The categorically false attack cannot hide the fact that Romney and Ryan would force new retirees to pay more out of pocket for services. Click here to learn more about this attack.
- Welfare: President Obama is a strong supporter of welfare-to-work programs and recently gave states flexibility to help move more people from assistance to employment as quickly as possible—a policy that many Republican governors, including Romney himself, have requested. But Romney has decided to falsely claim that the President has somehow weakened welfare-to-work requirements—an allegation a multitude of independent fact checkers declared “discredited,” “mind-boggling,” and “blatantly false.”Click here to learn more about this attack.
- Health care: President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act to make sure insurance companies play by the rules. In his quest to overturn Obamacare on day one if elected, Romney has launched a myriad of false statements and distortions about the health care law. Here are the facts: Obamacare improves the private health care system, strengthens the insurance plan you currently have, reduces the deficit, and offers the largest middle-class tax cut for health care in history. Click here to see what is fact and what is fictionwhen it comes to health care.
- Birtherism: Even after President Obama released his long-form birth certificate to reaffirm his birthplace, conspiracy theorists and members of the Republican Party continue to to push this false and dangerous attack. Not only have a number of thembeen invited to speak at the RNC convention, Romney actually enlisted himself in this birther movement last week: “No one’s ever asked to see my birth certificate. They know that this is the place that we were born and raised,” he said. Click here to get the factsand pitch in what you can to make sure this kind of politics doesn’t make it to the White House.”
“Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan Would Take Us Back—We Can’t Afford That”
“Published on Aug 29, 2012 by BarackObamadotcom
Learn more: http://OFA.BO/VcKm8Y
Mitt Romney has chosen Paul Ryan to be his vice presidential candidate. Mr. Ryan is new to the national scene, with out-of-step views from a bygone era.
He’s known as the author of the extreme GOP budget; one that many say hurts the middle class, turns Medicare into a voucher system and cuts Pell Grants for college students by 170 billion—and cut off a million students over the next decade.
Even as it makes these dramatic cuts—it cuts taxes for the nation’s millionaires and billionaires.
What perhaps is the most important for the American public to understand are Paul Ryan’s views towards women. Paul Ryan voted at least four times to defund Planned Parenthood and helped sponsor anti-abortion legislation that used the term “forcible rape.”"
ENGAGEMENT IS THE COOL.
PURSUE YOUR GREATEST YOU.
Invent Something. Create Something. OWN YOUR Something.
IDECLAIR MEDIA, THE IDECLAIR SHOW…
REAL. RAW. RIGHT NOW…
M-F 11AM ET live http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theideclairshow/
No Matter What… Know YOUR Value! No Matter What… Know YOU Matter!
No Matter What… VOTE!